Egg, dairy and nut free Hungry Little Caterpillar inspired cake.
Ingredients (serves 15)
- 2 cups Self raising flour
- 1 cup milk (rice milk)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Chocolate powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 drops Vanilla essence
- 4 cups Icing sugar
- 300 grams Butter
- Oil two round tins. In a bowl mix the dry ingredients (self raising flour (sift), sugar and chocolate powder). Then make a well in the middle and put in wet ingredients. Repeat these steps for the second cake after pouring one cake in the tin I find doing two batches is better then doubling the batch.
- Stir the mixture together using a whisk or an electric beater for a fluffier cake. Pour cake into tins.
- When cakes are cold remove from tin and put one on top of the other on a flat big plate. Mix butter, icing sugar and some milk to make the icing for the cake. Ice both cakes first in between both so they stick together. Place foil underneath so the cake doesn't move while icing.
- Before icing sets place MMs all around the sides, I did 3 layers. Cut out a Hungry Caterpillar photo and stick on cardboard, stick to a kebab stick and pop into cake. I placed happy birthday candles that matched the theme.