- Makes 8
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Great dessert recipe which will impress everyone.
Ingredients (makes 8 Pieces)
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- I Egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 cups Ice Cream (any flavour, homemade or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a 25 x 38 cm rimmed baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar. Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract. Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt and stir until combined and smooth.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until the cake is just dry, but still soft to the touch and the edges just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Then, using the edges of the baking paper, gently lift the cake out of the pan and place on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut the cake in half crosswise. Place one half of the cake, top side down onto a baking sheet that has been lined with plastic wrap. Spread with your softened ice cream, smoothing the top with an offset spatula or back of a spoon. Top with the remaining half of cake, top side up. Wrap tightly in the plastic wrap and place into the freezer until firm, about 2-4 hours or even overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the dessert from the freezer, unwrap, and with a knife or a cookie cuter cut into rectangles. You can serve the ice cream sandwiches right away or wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and place back into the freezer for up to one week.