- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
An easy bread to make at home.
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, oats, salt and baking soda.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mix and add the buttermilk. Mix (by hand or with a wooden spoon) until it forms a soft moist dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface and form into an 18cm round about 2.5 cm thick.
- Place on the baking paper and bake in the oven for around 40-50 minutes until golden
You can also make this with half wholemeal flour and half plain flour (so 1 1/2 cups of each). Oats and sugar are optional.