- Serves 24
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
At Banjo’s Bakery Café, we know it can be hard to find healthy, simple and quick after-school snacks to keep bellies full from 3:00PM to dinner term after term.
Loaded with tomatoes, olives and herbs, Banjo’s Italian Salad with Homemade Croutons will satisfy even the fussiest of eaters. If you don’t have an air-fryer, an oven will work too!
Try our Italian Salad with Homemade Croutons recipe below.
Ingredients (serves 24)
- Five Cups of Banjo’s Artisan White Vienna – Cubed
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Large Tomato, Chopped
- 1 Tub of Kalamata Olives, Halved
- 2 Tbsp. Basil
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Shredded Parmesan
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat air-fryer or oven to 175 degrees. Place croutons in large bowl. In another bowl, mix olive oil, garlic and pepper; drizzle two tablespoons over bread and toss to coat. Reserve remaining mixture.
- Place croutons on greased tray in air-dryer basket or oven. Cook until crisp and light brown for approximately 7 &ndash; 9 minutes.
- Whisk balsamic vinegar and salt into remaining mixture. Add tomatoes, olives and herbs; toss to coat. Cool croutons. Add bread to mixture with tomatoes and olives; toss to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Pick your bread wisely for an extra boost of nutrition. Banjo’s Artisan White Vienna is renowned for its digestive health benefits to keep kids satisfied for longer. For more delicious and clever after school snacks, visit https://banjos.com.au.