- Serves 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 16 Ingredients
An easy dish to prepare – it will surely please the family, or your dinner party guests when you serve this fish bake in the centre of table. The best part is soaking up all the juices with a nice loaf of crusty bread!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 capsicum sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1 teaspoon capers drained
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 130g packet cherry truss tomato
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 400g tin butter beans
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 4 white fish fillets deboned skinless
- loaf sourdough bread *to serve
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add in the onion, capsicum and garlic and cook for a few minutes until the onions begin to soften.
- Add in the thyme, olives, capers and tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes stirring occasionally. Add in the vegetable stock and butter beans, season with salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
- Transfer the sauce to a large baking dish. Gently place in the fish portions and push them down so they are surrounded by the sauce. Top with the truss tomatoes and place into the oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the fish is cooked, you can check the fish by using a fork, if it flakes away easily it is cooked.
- Serve immediately by topping with basil leaves and with crusty bread on the side to soak up the sauce.