- Serves 12
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
Jaffa fans unite! Here we have a Chocolate Coconut Jaffa Slice Recipe that is going to rock your World!
Just take a look at that melt in your mouth slice – how on earth will we all stop at one?
In case you have been avoiding any sort of chocolate for the last 30 years, Jaffas have been an Australian (and New Zealand) chocolate treat for years! They are a small round sweet consisting of a soft chocolate centre with a hard covering of orange flavoured, red coloured confectionery.
The name derives from the Jaffa orange. Apparently these were once one of Israel’s largest exports however now they are hardly produced at all any more.
This Chocolate Jaffa Coconut Slice is delicious and so easy to make. Enjoy!
- Festive Choc Orange Balls (these ones are also healthy, nourishing and almost completely guilt-free)
- Breakfast Jaffa Cake (this recipe is also beautifully healthy)
- Choc Jaffa Pudding
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 125 grams Melted Butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp orange essence
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cocoa
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1tsp Orange Essense
- 2tbsp Warm water
- Mix all slice ingredients together and bake in a slice tin for 25-30 minutes at 180C.
- Meanwhile, combine icing ingredients in a bowl.
- Cool slice, then ice with chocolate icing and sprinkle with extra shredded coconut.