- Makes 48
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Lovely little biscuits that are simple to make and also a good way to use up extra home made jams.
Ingredients (makes 48 biscuits)
- 250 grams butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essense
- 1 egg
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup jam (any flavour)
Notes... Also nice with lemon curd and any type of jam. Can add spices to the biscuit mix to give a different flavour combination to match with the jam filling (ginger, cinnamon etc).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg and vanilla essence. Beat well.
- Sift and add flour to make a stiff dough. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll teaspoons of dough into balls placing them on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Make a well in the middle of the ball using the back of a wooden spoon (this will also flatten them down). Put around 1/2 teaspoon of jam into the well.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool before eating as jam will be quite hot.
Recipe Jam Drop Biscuits
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.