- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
A quick and easy Sunday night meal.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1x 425 gram tin Tuna in brine
- 2-3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons plain flour
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 1 small tin corn kernals
- 3/4 cup frozen peas cooked
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese (optional)
- splash tabasco sauce ( optional)
- approx. 2 cups milk
- Melt butter in saucepan, add onion Cook until onion is soft
- Add flour and stir until thickened.... cook 1 minute
- pour in milk (not all at once) stir after each addition. Keep adding milk until a thick creamy consistency is reached
- Add tuna peas,corn, cheese , spices and salt and pepper to taste
- cook stirring occasionally until everything is heated through
- Serve with rice , Pasta or just toast Pour more Tabasco over the top if you like it hot !
The turmeric and Tabasco jazz up this family favorite. Amounts can be varied to taste.