- Serves 6
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
This is so easy to make and the results are delicious! I sometimes use a can of Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup – equally yummy! If you don't want to use wine, chicken stock would be also fine.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1½ kg Ingham Chicken thighs
- 50g Unsalted butter
- 400g can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- ½ cup Dry white wine
- Trim any fat from chicken pieces. Put into a shallow baking dish, dot with butter. Roast uncovered in a moderately hot (190ºC) oven for ½ hour.
- Pour over the soup and wine and bake uncovered for a further ¾ to 1 hour. The chicken will take on a beautiful golden colour and the texture will be tender and juicy.
- Remove chicken to a serving dish. Pour chicken gravy formed in the baking dish into a jug. Skim away any excess fat. Serve with your choice of vegetables and enjoy!
This is my late mother's recipe. It is delicious and the soup makes a lovely gravy. It is very filling and goes great with beans, carrots and new potatoes.