- Serves 4
- Makes 4
- 75 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 11 Ingredients
Succulent chicken, mushroom, red capsicum, avocado and cream cheese with flavours of onion, garlic and Cajun seasoning baked in filo pastry.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 )
- 8 Sheets filo pastry
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter (or spray oil for a low fat option)
- 1 x 200g tub Soft Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 4 raw chicken breasts, skinned, cut in strips
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 8 small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning (can add more flavour depending on taste)
- 2 teaspoons Onion Flakes (can add more flavour depending on taste)
- Garlic Granules/Powder to taste
- Poppy seeds and Sesame seeds to decorate pastry
- SERVES 4 Preheat oven to 180oC
- Take 2 sheets of filo pastry. Brush first sheet with melted butter, fold in half from right to left. Repeat with second sheet and place on top of the first folded sheet.
- Spoon a quarter of the cream cheese into the centre of the pastry to spread into a 10cm round; top with a quarter of the chicken, capsicum, mushroom and avocado (in that order). Sprinkle with a little Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and onion flakes.
- Gather pastry over filling to form a pouch; seal and gently frill out edges. Brush edges with butter and sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds.
- Repeat procedure 3 times.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until pastry is very crisp and golden brown.
NOTES - The Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and onion flakes really make this dish tasty as the flavours develop inside the pouch as it cooks. - You can add more or less of the Cajun, garlic and onion depending on taste. - You may find you run out and need extra melted butter, this is fine and will not alter the end outcome. - The time given to make this is including a generous 45 minutes to prepare the pouches - you might be quicker or slower.