- Makes 6
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
My husband Justin makes these pizzas alot and they are a family favorite
Ingredients (makes 6 12 inch pizzas)
- 15g dried yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 600ml lukewarm water
- 1 kg quality 00 flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- drizzle olive oil
Notes... You can divide the dough, wrap securely in plastic and freeze for up to two months. remove from freezer the night before you want it and thaw in the fridge. Remove from fridge at least 3 hours before wanting to use it
- Pre heat oven to the hottest temperature it has
- Into a bowl place yeast, sugar and water, and mix thoroughly to ensure yeast is fully dissolved.
- Place flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the middle, and pour in the yeast mixture, and a drizzle of oil. Mix all together using a wooden spoon and/or your hands, to bond the mixture. Remove from bowl, and kneed to form smooth dough.
- After the dough has risen, divide into 6 even pieces and roll into balls. Leave the dough balls to rise again for at least an hour (place into bowls and cover with glad wrap to prevent drying out)
- The dough can now be stretched out on a floured board into rough pizza shape. Don’t use a rolling pin as this squashes the air out of it, and prevents from the crusts rising.
- Only spread pizza sauce around the middle of the bases leaving a 1-2cm ring around the edge so the crust rises and crisps up. Lightly oil around the edges using a pastry brush to help crisp the crust.
- Place on desired toppings, and then put into the oven for approximately 8 - 10 minutes
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.