- Serves 4
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
The addition of the bread makes this baked dish interesting as the bread soaks up all the flavour and is delightfully crispy after baking.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200 g kale
- 200 g Swiss brown mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices sourdough bread cut into cubes
- 4 eggs 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat. Add in the onions, garlic and mushrooms, thyme and rosemary and cook for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften. Then, add in the kale leaves and 2 tablespoons of water stir through well and then cover and continue to cook for 2 minutes until the kale has wilted down to half its original size. Transfer the kale mix to a large mixing bowl.
- To the kale mix, add in the bread cubes, mustard, eggs, milk, cheese and season with salt and pepper. Mix through well and then transfer to a small oven proof dish or individual ramekins and bake in the oven for 30minutes until golden and risen. Serve immediately with a side of rocket leaves.
Serve with a salad on the side for a vegetarian dinner