- Makes 8
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
I love playing around and experimenting in the kitchen, and this is one of my creations!
Ingredients (makes 8 large balls)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 pieces short cut bacon, diced
- 2 spring onions
- 1 cup pumpkin, cut into little cubes
- 1/4 cup canned corn kernels
- 100g ricotta
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt & pepper
- panko breadcrumbs
- canola oil to fry
- Add pumpkin, bacon, spring onions and garlic to a pan with a dash of oil, and cook slowly until the pumpkin is cooked and soft.
- Remove from heat and cool. Add in the salt & pepper, corn, ricotta and brown rice, and mix well to combine.
- The mix is very ‘wet’ and sticky, but take some of the mix in your hands and roll into a ball. Roll in beaten egg and then panko breadcrumbs and set onto a tray. Repeat until no mix left.
- Place balls into the freezer, and while they are in, heat oil until hot. Remove balls from freezer and drop into oil. Cook until golden brown & serve warm or cold with salad
I use the pre cooked sun rice in this recipe - but you can cook your own if you prefer. These are nice hot or cold and can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days