- Makes 8
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
I was bored the other day, so had a play around in the kitchen and came up with these golden triangles filled with ricotta and feta cheeses & pumpkin pieces
Ingredients (makes 8 Large triangles)
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin, diced into tiny cubes
- 1/2 small Red onion
- 1 1/2 cups Baby spinach, cut into fine strips
- 3/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 100g Danish feta
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Garlic (top taste)
- 2 Sheets Puff pastry
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Place a small amount of oil in a frying pan and add in the pumpkin and onion. Cook over a low heat until softened (around 5 minutes)
- Add in a small amount of crushed garlic and the baby spinach and cook for a couple of minutes until the garlic is fragrant and the spinach wilted. Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Mix the ricotta and the Crumbled feta together and season with pepper.
- Place the pumpkin mixture in with the ricotta mixture, and gently fold to combine
- Allow the puff pastry to thaw, and cut each sheet into quarters.
- On each square place 1 ½ TBS of the filling in the middle, and ensuring none of the filling is too close to the edges, fold the top over diagonally to make a triangle.
- Seal the edges by pressing down with a fork, and brush each one with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds if you wish
- Place onto a lined baking tray and cook in a moderate oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown
These can be made smaller to become cocktail sized serves, just remember to adjust the amount of filling The can be served hot or cold, and are great for a quick lunch or an easy dinner