- Serves 24
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
I like the sneaky addition of the chia seeds to the cupcakes which add fibre, protein, antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids.
Ingredients (serves 24)
- 1 packet chocolate cake mix
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 serve VANILLA ICING:
- 100g melted cooled butter
- 1/2 a heaped cup of icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- sprinkles use whatever you have on hand in the cupboard
- Make cupcakes according to the packet instructions. Add cinnamon and chia seeds to the wet mix prior to putting in the patty tins.
- To make vanilla icing, pour all ingredients into a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat ingredients on medium speed for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Pour sprinkles into a shallow dish. Ice cupcakes, then tip the cupcake upside down and dip into the sprinkle dish to cover.