- Makes 30
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
This recipe comes from a kiwi friend who insists this is authentic New Zealand shortbread.
Ingredients (makes 30 -50 biscuits)
- 250 grams Butter, softened
- 140 grams Pure icing sugar
- 140 grams Cornflour
- 280 grams Plain flour
- Line baking trays and chill in the fridge.
- Cream butter and icing sugar. Sift the flours together. Mix flours into butter mixture - do not over mix.
- Roll into logs, about 4-5cm diameter. Wrap in cling wrap and chill in fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Slice 5mm slices from the logs and place on cold baking trays. Prick with a fork. Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm but still pale.
Authentic shortbread has no colour. This shortbread can also be rolled out. Number of biscuits will depend on the thickness of your cuts.