A delicious meal or snack and a good way to get kids to eat veggies.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 1/4 cups Plain Flour
- 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup & 3 Tbsp Cold Water
- Pinch Pepper and Salt
- 3 Spring Onions, sliced thin
- 1 Carrot, julienne
- 1/2 cup Cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup Prawns or Squid, diced
- 1/2 Zucchini, julienne (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds, crushed and roasted
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Mix the flour, baking powder, corn starch, egg and cold water with a whisk. Add the vegetables and seafood and combine. If leaving the batter to sit, keep it cold.
- Pour some oil in the pan and use medium heat. After the oil is hot, pour and spread the mixture like a crepe. Cook until crispy on both side. Slice into wedges to serve.
- For dipping sauce, combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, water, sesame oil and sesame seeds in a small bowl.