- Serves 20
- 140 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
At our supermarkets here we only ever had one brand of lactose free ice cream ..vanilla but in the past weeks they have introduced cookies and cream but for a bit of variety I created my own recipe for my son. It's fresh, citrus-y and dreamy creamy.
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 2 100g White Chocolate (dairy free, nut free and gluten free)
- 2 250g Lactose free spreadable cream cheese
- 1 300ml Lactose free thickened cream
- zest of one lemonade lemon
- In a microwave safe container melt the white chocolate. After melted let stand for a minute.
- Place the lactose free cream cheese and lactose free thickened cream into a bowl. Add the white chocolate and beat till light and fluffy.
- Add the lemonade lemon zest and beat till well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze for 2 hours. EnJoY!
The "Lemonade" lemon tree (citrus limon x reticulata) is a cross between a lemon tree and a mandarin tree that was developed in Australia. The fruit of the tree is sweet like mandarins, but with a lemon-y tang. It can be eaten straight from the tree..but ordinary lemons or limes can be used in the recipe as well ..you may also like to try berries or stone fruit, equally as delicious. Do hope you have fun experimenting and please enjoy.