Here is an exclusive sneak peak of another one of the delicious recipes from The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
This lamb rissole and couscous salad is delicious and an easy to prepare lunch recipe that will give you an idea of the tasty meals offered throughout the challenge.
Is your bathroom as clean as your kitchen? Might be time to rethink what you’re using. See why Dettol Healthy Clean Bathroom Rapid Foam is rating so well in MoM member REVIEWS.
- 1 ml cooking oil spray
- 3 g garlic
- 1 spring onion (approx 15 g)
- 60 g lean, lamb mince
- 40 g green apple
- 10 g mint leaves
- 60 g rocket
- 45 g couscous
- 15 ml lemon juice
- Slice the spring onion and grate the apple.
- In a non-stick pan on medium-high heat, spray with one spritz of cooking oil spray. Crush in the garlic and sauté with the spring onion for two minutes.
- In a small bowl combine cooked onion & garlic with lamb mince and form mini rissoles.
- Add rissoles to pan and brown for around 4-6 minutes until cooked through.
- While the rissoles are cooking, chop up the mint leaves and place in a bowl with the grated apple and rocket.
- In a separate bowl, place the couscous with ½ cup of boiling water. Cover for a few minutes until the water has been absorbed and then fluff with a fork.
- Add the couscous and lemon juice to the vegetables and mix evenly. Top with the rissoles and serve.
328 calories, 1374kJ, 20g protein, 8.9g total fat, 3.4g sat fat, 39.2 g total carbs, 6.5g sugars
The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has been developed specifically for BUSY MUMS.
It provides the tools and resources to incorporate healthy eating and exercise as part of a Mum’s regular lifestyle.
Whether it’s looking after a newborn, tending to toddlers or school aged children, balancing work and home, fitting in time for housework and then trying to spend quality time with a partner, there is not much space left in a week for a Mum to do something for herself.
Caring for her health and making the change to a healthier lifestyle should be a priority though as it leads to a happier Mum and ultimately a happier and healthier family.
The Challenge provides 28 Days of recipes; exercise routines and support systems to enable a Mum to set some weight loss goals and get closer to achieving these in an accessible way.
Challenge fast facts:
- 28 days of meal plans, 350 recipes and daily exercise plans with videos
- All plans are created for busy mums
- All menus and shopping lists are customisable and flexible to suit family budgets
- Plans are breastfeeding friendly
- Supportive community and private group with 1000’s of other mums
Try this recipe out and then sign up for the November Challenge here so you can join 1,000’s of other Mums in their journey to a healthy and happy lifestyle.