- Serves 2
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
Very tasty served with tzatziki dip & a garden salad.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 500 grams Lamb mince
- 1 Medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 1/2 cup Fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Plain yoghurt (not sour)
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2-3 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil
- Put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed together. Cover the bowl with glad wrap & place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water to prep for the kebabs.
- Remove from fridge and divide the mix into equal portions. Take each portion and form it into a long sausage-like kebab while pressing on to a skewer. Do this till the mix has firmly adhered to the skewer. Put some oil on your hands to prevent meat from sticking to them. Do this till all the kebab mix is used up.
- Grill the kebabs - grilling on a coal fire gives them a lovely smokey flavor - basting with cooking oil as required, till the meat is done. Turn as often as required.
These delicious, juicy kebabs can be made with any minced meat you like, but I like lamb best. They are a terrific appetizer but also make a nice side dish to the main meal. Serve them with green Mint-Coriander Chutney. This recipe will serve 2 people if served as a side dish and 4 people if served as an appetizer.