- Serves 6
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
Great recipe to use up leftovers and increase vegetable consumption.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- Left overs e.g. curry, shepherd pie, chilli con carne, savoury mince
- 8 potatoes (peeling optional)
- 25g butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2Cup Flour
- pinch salt & pepper
- Wash and dice potatoes and boil in a pot of water until soft. Mash potatoes until smooth and add butter and mix until combined. Add egg and mixed until combined. Add flour, salt and pepper and stir until combined. On a board sprinkle flour and place a spoonful of the potato mixture on the board, cover both sides with flour and press down to make a disc.
- Spoon a tablespoon of 'leftovers' mixture into the centre of potato disc. Pull the potato mixture over the leftovers mixture until it is covered.
- Spray pie maker with spray oil and place pie into pie space. Continue until all spaces are filled and cook for 8-10 minutes checking regularly to ensure you aren&#039;t burning them.
- Serve with salad or as they are.
If making ahead of time these freeze well in snap lock bags. When reheating do so in the pie maker to keep the crispness and prevent them going soggy.