- Makes 40
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
Build yourself a great kids party with these bright and fun Lego Cookies! So much fun to make … and eat!
Ingredients (makes 40 Lego pieces)
- 175g Plain flour
- 100g Chilled butter, chopped
- 85g Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg yolk
- Assorted M&M minis
- FOR THE ICING
- 3/4 cup Icing sugar
- Food colouring
- Put the flour, butter, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk in a food processor. Dribble in 1 TBS water, and blitz until the mix comes together to form a dough.
- Place onto a work surface, and knead briefly to bring together, then wrap in cling wrap, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll out onto a floured surface, and using a sharp knife, cut out rectangles to represent the Lego.
- Place onto a baking paper lined tray, and cook in a moderate oven for approximately 12 minutes. These cookies will still look quite pale when they are done - don't overcook or they will be dry and crunchy. Allow to cool on a wire rack
- To make the icing, mix a very small amount of water bit by bit to the icing sugar until a smooth thick paste (icing) has been made. Divide into smaller bowls and using the food colour, make each one a different colour
- When cookies are cooled, spread a layer of icing on top and using the M&M minis, place onto the cookies to make them look like Lego.
- Allow to dry for an hour or more before serving
Depending on how large you cut your pieces will depend on how many Lego cookies you will end up with. Store in an air tight container for up to a week.