- Makes 50
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
Lemon biscuits are quick and easy to make and a batch of these citrus delights for a morning tea will be most welcome.
Ingredients (makes 50 biscuits)
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vinegar
- 125 g Butter
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Grated lemon Rind
- 1 3/4 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar (for glaze)
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (for glaze)
- Mix milk and vinegar in a cup and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg and lemon rind in a bowl until smooth.
- Sift in flour and baking powder.
- Add sour milk to the mixture and mix well.
- Put teaspoonfuls onto a biscuit baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in an oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool biscuits on a wire rack and then glaze with the icing and a sprinkle of lemon rind.
Lemon biscuits are so popular with family and friends and they get gobbled up quickly. I always make a double batch of these biscuits. They also make a yummy gift and look pretty wrapped in cellophane or placed in a decorative biscuit box.