- Makes 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 5 Ingredients
A delicious home made lemon butter, perfect for your morning toast or for children’s sandwiches.
Ingredients (makes 4 Small jars)
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Lemon juice
- 2teaspoons Grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups White sugar
- 250grams Butter cubed
Notes... To correctly sterilise jars, preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius and put the jars in for 15 minutes. Once canned the lemon butter will last up to 3 months in the fridge.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice and rind, then the butter in cubes whisking for about 20 minutes until the mixture is smooth and thick. (Don't allow the mixture to boil).
- When the butter coats the back of a spoon without running off, it's ready.
- Pour the lemon butter into warm sterilised jars and seal straight away, then refrigerate.
Recipe Lemon Butter
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.