- Serves 4
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A refreshingly lemon light pudding which forms into a cake top with custard pudding underneath.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 30 grams butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar, extra
- Beat egg yolks with 1/2 cup sugar until light and creamy (like a meringue). Beat in the melted butter, milk, sifted flour, lemon juice and salt.
- In a separate bowl bet the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the extra sugar while still beating until firm peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the lemon egg yolk mixture.
- Pour into a greased 1.5 litre ovenproof dish.
- Cook for 50 to 60 minutes at 180 degrees.
To intensify the lemon flavour and some zing you can also add some lemon rind. Two good sized lemons should give you the 1/3 cup lemon juice needed. You could also use limes or a mixture of lemon and lime.