- Serves 6
- 120 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 15 Ingredients
This Lemon Pesto Chicken with Pasta, proudly brought to you by Ingham’s Chicken, is the perfect slow cooker dinner. Throw everything in, let it cook all day and then serve with pesto and pasta.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1.5kg Ingham's Fresh Whole Chicken
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic, peeled and halves
- 2 Brown Onions, peeled and quartered
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Tomato, roughly diced
- 2 Lemons, sliced thickly
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Continental Parsley
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 - 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Drain and dry chicken then brown in a little Olive Oil.
- Add Garlic Cloves and onion and brown very lightly.
- Add tomato, 4 parsley stalks, chicken stock, white wine, salt, pepper and lemons
- If using a Slow Cooker, cook on low heat for 5 – 7 hours. If cooking on the stovetop or in the oven, simmer on very low or bake at 160 degrees celcius for 2 – 3 hours (leave the lid on in all cases).
- Half an hour before cooking time is complete, remove the lid and continue to cook (to reduce the liquid).
- During this half hour, cook 4 – 6 serves of pasta al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking make a pesto of baby spinach, parsley, parmesan, pine nuts, olive oil, salt & pepper (or use a store bought pesto).
- While pasta is still cooking, remove the chicken from the broth and set aside.
- Strain the cooking juices into a saucepan on low heat. Combine 2 teaspoons cornflour with cream, stir until smooth and then gently stir through the juices until they thicken slightly.
- Place the pasta onto a large serving dish, break up the chicken slightly and place in the centre of the dish and spoon over the thickened cooking juices.
- Add small dollops of pesto and then garnish with fresh parsley, parmesan and cracked pepper.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.