This Lemon Slice Recipe is easy to make and will be a hit with lemon lovers!
We think there is nothing better than having a Lemon Slice Recipe ready to roll when you know you’re going to need a treat. This Lemon Slice Recipe gives you a quick afternoon snack. The lemon zest makes sure it isn’t too sickly sweet!
So this Lemon Slice Recipe is an all round winner.
We love that MoM Member Selma’s Lemon Slice Recipe using ingredients that we will all have in our kitchen. Even better if you have a big lemon tree that loves to give you lemons.
Thanks so much to Selma for sharing her Lemon Slice Recipe; there’s nothing better than knowing a recipe has been tried and tested by another Mum just like us.
Our tummies are rumbling and we’re dreaming of this Lemon Slice Recipe!
A couple of tips from the MoM CookClub Team when making this Lemon Slice Recipe …
A recipe like this Lemon Slice Recipe is the perfect way to bring a little citrus to the table. If you don’t have lemons or you don’t like lemons, you could switch these out for any citrus fruit. Limes would be perfect – especially if they are on sale! We always like to see if there are ‘less than perfect’ limes when we’re shopping to keep the cost down. Oranges or grapefruit would work well – keep the quantities the same each time you make this Lemon Slice Recipe.
Recipes like this Lemon Slice Recipe will last for days – just store in the fridge in an airtight container. We like to store in a good quality rectangular Tupperware container designed specifically for slices.
So there you have it! The best ever Lemon Slice Recipe … print out this recipe or bookmark it on your phone. You are going to want to use it sometime soon!
Once you’ve tried this recipe, we’d love you to report back! Tell us how the recipe performed and how it tasted in the comments below …
Ingredients (makes 25 )
- 2 packets Marie Biscuits
- 250gm Butter (melted)
- 1 tin Condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups Desicated coconut
- 1 Lemon (rind only)
- 1 1/2 cups Icing sugar
- 2 Lemons (rind and juice)
- Crush the biscuits until they resemble breadcrumbs. Add the coconut and mix well.
- Add the lemon rind, melted butter and condensed milk.
- Press into a slab tin and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Meanwhile mix together the icing sugar, lemon rind and juice to make a fairly runny icing for top of the Lemon Slice.
- Remove the slice from the fridge and cover with a thin layer of icing. Return to the fridge until the icing is fully set.
- Remove from the fridge and using a large knife dipped in hot water between slices, cut into bite sized chunks (or whatever size you desire).
I used to love this as a snack when I was a student. Now my kids love it too!