- Makes 1
- 75 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
This is a lusciously moist cake due to the sour cream.
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 125 grams Soft butter
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 1 Lemon, grated rind only
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 3 Eggs
- 150 grams Plain flour
- 1/3 cup Self raising flour
- 100 grams Sour cream
- 125 grams Butter, softened for icing
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice for icing
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 3 cups Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Grease & line a cake tin.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add lemon rind, then add eggs one by one, fully incorporating each one before adding the next. Stir through lemon juice.
- Sift flours together and fold in carefully, alternating with sour cream.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Test the cake by inserting a skewer. If it comes out clean the cake is ready,if it doesn’t, cook for a further 5 minutes and test again.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then remove from tin & cool on cake rack for approximately 15 minutes.
- Combine the butter for icing, lemon juice for icing, vanilla and icing sugar then beat until light and fluffy. Add more sugar or lemon juice to adjust the consistency as needed. Spread over top & sides of cake with spatula.
You can add as little or as much lemon juice to,suit your taste. Lemon rind can also be added if liked.