- Makes 36
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Love this with fresh lemons! and its such a winner at morning teas
Ingredients (makes 36 servings when sliced)
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 185g butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. Grease a 20-23cmx30cm x 5cm deep baking pan.
- Combine the base ingredients and pat dough into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
- While the crust is baking, whisk together eggs, caster sugar, flour and lemon juice until frothy. Pour this lemon mixture over the hot base.
- Return to the preheated oven for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust the top with icing sugar and cut into squares.