- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A really flavoursome and deliciously simple muffin recipe suitable for any occasion.
Ingredients (makes 12 Muffins)
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 3/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 75 grams melted butter, cooled
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 lemons rind grated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (use the lemons above)
- 1/4 cup Sugar (caster or granulated)
Notes... Can make it as lemony as you like. Just add extra rind.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees or 180 for fan forced. In a bowl combine flour and sugar with a fork. In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, egg, butter and lemon rind. Make a well in centre of flour and pour in egg mixture and using a butter knife gently fold together until it just combines. Do not over mix!
- Spoon into muffin tray with patty cases. Bake for 10min or until just golden on top.
- Combine lemon juice and sugar. Poke the top of the muffins with a fork and while muffins are still hot pour the lemon juice evenly over each muffin. Let sit for 5 minutes and then serve either warm or cold.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.