- Serves 15
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
A quick and easy no-bake slice that still delivers a sweet treat with interesting flavours.
Ingredients (serves 15)
- 1 tin of NESTLE condensed milk
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 200g plain sweet biscuit
- 50g glace or "naked" Buderim ginger
- 200g NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Dark Chocolate Melts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash lemongrass and slice long-ways in half and then into quarters. Empty condensed milk into saucepan and heat with lemongrass over a low heat until it just boils. Place a lid on, cool and the refrigerate for at least 12 hours so the milk takes on a stronger lemongrass flavour.
- Crush biscuits into a fine crumb. Chop ginger finely and combine with biscuit. Warm milk and lemongrass until milk is runny, then remove lemongrass (reserve - see note). Add biscuit ginger mix to milk and stir to combine. Press down firmly into tray.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over hot water. Add vanilla extract then spread over slice. Refrigerate until firm then cut into slices. Store in fridge.
The lemongrass can be chopped finely and cooked with chicken to make lemongrass chicken.