- Serves 8
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Think you can’t make cheesecake? Think again! This is so easy, and relatively healthy as cheesecakes go. It’s really refreshing for a Summer dessert. And it only takes 30 minutes to prepare, plus a couple of hours in the fridge to firm up.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 packet Granita Biscuit (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 125 gm Butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
- 45 ml Hot Water
- 375 gm Cottage Cheese (sieved)
- 150 ml Low-fat Natural Yoghurt
- 65 gm Caster Sugar
- 1 Lime (rind finely grated, and juiced)
- 1 Lemon (rind finely grated, and juiced)
- Mix together crushed biscuits, ginger and melted butter. Press onto the base of a lightly greased 20 cm spring-form cake tin. Refrigerate until required.
- Pour hot water into a heat-proof bowl, add the gelatine quickly and stir briskly until dissolved. Leave to one side.
- Mix cottage cheese, yoghurt and sugar together for 1 minute, then mix in the lime and lemon zest and juices. Add the gelatine then mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture over biscuit base and chill for at least 3 hours or until set.
I usually serve this with a little grated Lime rind sprinkled over the top, and a dollop of whipped cream. It's also quite nice with a few Melon balls on the side.