- Serves 6
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 8 Ingredients
This is a classy dessert that I think is perfect with tropical flavours
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3/4 cup Thickened cream
- 1/3 cup Caster sugar
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, bruised
- 2 Teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dissolved gelatine
- 2 tablespoons Boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups Natural yogurt
- 1 Whole passionfruit
- Combine half the cream, sugar, kaffir lime leaves and ginger in a saucepan and stir over low heat until dissolved. Remove from heat and strain with either a fine sieve or muslin net. Stir in gelatine mixture and cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine cream mixture with yogurt. Beat remaining cream until soft peaks form and gently fold through half the yogurt mixture then combine with remaining yogurt mixture.
- Divide mixture evenly between 6 x 125ml lightly oiled moulds. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set. Invert and serve with fresh passionfruit pulp over the top.
You need to be careful not to overbeat your cream and yogurt or you will end up with butter, similarly you want to gently fold, not stir the proverbial out it!