- Makes 1.5
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This lime, tomato and mint marinade paste is perfect for whatever meat you like! Chicken, beef, lamb, pork or even fish. So quick and easy to make and very easy to add a little spice if you like a little heat in your marinade (if the kids weren’t eating with us, I’d add 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes).
Is your bathroom as clean as your kitchen? Might be time to rethink what you’re using. See why Dettol Healthy Clean Bathroom Rapid Foam is rating so well in MoM member REVIEWS.
Ingredients (makes 1.5 cups of marinade)
- 1 small - medium Lime, roughly peeled leaving a little rind in place
- 2 small - medium Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red, Yellow or Green Capsicum (your choice)
- 2 - 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 medium Red Onion
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Roughly chop all ingredients and throw into the bowl of a large food processor.
- Blitz away until you achieve the consistency of a chunky salsa style sauce (you may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl halfway through blitzing).
- Use immediately to marinade your meat (perfect for chicken, lamb, beef or pork) or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- This marinade works well on meat cooked in the oven, in the pan or on the BBQ. YUM!
This is a great marinade base - feel free to add other bits and pieces depending on what's in your fridge or pantry. Just use the basic idea and have fun. The important thing is fresh flavours from fresh ingredients!