- Serves 4
- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 11 Ingredients
Breakfast for a special occasion. Crepes are very thin french pancakes.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 12 but I made 8 thin crepes)
- 90g Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs plus 1 extra yolk, lightly beaten
- 170 ml Milk
- 25g Melted butter
- 2 Oranges
- 1 Lemon
- To taste or 20-30ml Limoncello alcohol
- 1 pinch salt
- 60ml water
- For cooked crepes Butter to cook with and sugar to taste
- Sift flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt and the teaspoon of sugar. Make a well in centre and add the eggs with extra yolk. Mix well with wooden spoon.
- Combine milk with the water and gradually add to crepe batter. Add melted butter and stir until smooth.
- Cut oranges and lemon into segments and remove outer peel. Put aside.
- Melt a little butter in a shallow non-stick pan or crepe/pancake pan then pour some batter into pan and swirl to thinly and evenly coat pan. Cook 1-2 mins until edges are brown then flip crepe. Cook for 1 min. (This flipping can be tricky- never mind they still taste great!!!!!!!). I just put all of mine onto a plate together until all cooked.
- Put several crepes 2-3 into pan (mine were all kinda folded up). Put desired amount of orange and lemon onto crepes, add a little butter and sprinkle sugar to taste then thrown the limoncello on top. Done!!!!!! Repeayt for remainder of crepes band fruit then enjoy. Serve with cream if desired or even add a drizzle of dark melted chocolate.