- Makes 35
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
For those folk who like the Coles/Woolworths bakery Mars Bar Cookies.
Deliciously crunchy outside with that ooey gooey chewy middle.
Ingredients (makes 35 )
- 250g butter, softened
- 220g caster sugar
- 250g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 410g plain flour
- 1½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 3 teaspoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 350g mars bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream together the butter, caster sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla essence.
- Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in hot water. Add to the mixture along with salt. Stir in flour and mars bars. Drop large spoonfuls onto baking trays.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until edges are nicely browned.
This recipe does make a lot of mixture ...feel free to half the mixture and freeze for a later date...or you can even make up the plain mix and had mars bars to half and M&M'S to the other half. Cookies oh so yummm.