These cauliflower tots make a yummy side dish.
Ingredients (serves 8 | makes 24 mini muffins)
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower coarsley chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced fat, (I used full fat) sharp cheddar/tasty cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp almond, plain, or besan flour
- 1 tsp seasoning of your choice - I used oregano, tumeric and cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- oil spray for the muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees , spray mini muffin pan with oil spray. Cut away the leaves of the cauliflower, but use most of the inner core part. Coarsely chop the cauliflower, place in a microwave proof bowl, cover with glad wrap/lid and cook for 2 minutes on high. Cauliflower should be just slightly soft. Uncover quickly to let steam out, if there is any water in the bowl, strain the cauliflower.
- Add cauliflower to food processor and pulse until it is finely chopped, but not puree. Chunks are ok. If there is any water in the food processor, drain cauliflower again.
- Put the cauliflower in the bowl with all ingredients and stir - you may want to add another egg, but it is not really necessary, as the mix sticks together well, I did because I love egg.
- Fill the mini muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes. Gently turn each tot over in the muffin tin, and bake for 15 minutes more. They are yummy hot or cold!