- Serves 8
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
A healthy and filling salad, perfect to share!
Lovely served either cool or warmed up.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 1/2 cups Whole green lentils
- 1 pkt Quinoa w lemon and thyme
- 1 Leek
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Lemon to serve
- Pinch Mixed herbs
- Prepare lentils. I tend to cook in water and simmer for approx 45 mins or until tender and water absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare quinoa. This time I used a preprepared packet and followed the instructions on the packet. Cook quinoa and allow liquid to be absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Sauté a leek, finely sliced, then add a carrot which has been cut into thin slivers using a peeler. Add a generous pinch of mixed herbs to enhance flavour.
- Once all ingredients are cooled, combine carefully. Store in fridge until ready to serve. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top to serve. Can be served either cool or warm.
You could vary is recipe by adding chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme. This salad is perfect to take to work and share with colleagues for a healthy and different lunch. It is also lovely served in tortillas!