- Serves 4
- 70 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
A Delicious take on a old recipe. My 2 year old absolutely loves this.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 375g Elbow Macaroni
- 300g Spinach trimmed
- 1 Brown onion Diced
- 50g Plain flour
- 50g Butter
- 1 Litre Hot Milk
- 180g Cheddar cheese Grated
- 35g Stale breadcrumbs
- 4 Rashes Bacon diced.
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Cook pasta in large saucepan until tender and drain
- Microwave Spinach until wilted then drain and rinse under cold water and drain again. squeeze liquid from spinach and then chop
- Cook onion and bacon in a medium saucepan until soft then transfer to a large bowl
- Melt butter in the same pan add flour and cook stirring until thick and bubbling .Gradually add hot milk until mixture boils and thickens remove from heat and stir in cheddar
- Combine pasta, bacon and onion mixture,spinach and cheese sauce in a bowl .
- Pour into greased casserole dish and top with breadcrumbs
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.