- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
The ultimate in comfort food. Gooey cheese covered pasta – perfect for the cold nights!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400g Macaroni
- 50g Butter
- 50g Plain flour
- 3 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated mozzarella cheese for the topping
- Paprika-to taste
- Onion salt- to taste
- Italian herbs -to taste
- Spring onion -to serve
Notes... You can add in tuna, peas, corn, spring onion, bacon or mushroom to this too! Best eaten on the day its made
- Cook pasta as per directions on the packet in salted water until just coked. Drain and set aside
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over a low-medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the flour and stir continually with a wooden spoon until it gathers into a dough consistency, and continue to cook for a further minute.
- Add in a ¼ cup of milk and stir. This will incorporate into the dough and will once again come away from the sides of the pan and look like dough. Once this happens add another¼ cup milk and re-peat until all the milk has been added.
- Stir in the grated cheeses, herbs and paprika. Season with salt and pepper if need be. Remove from the heat and stir through the cooked pasta.
- Transfer to a baking dish or individual oven proof dishes and top with mozzarella and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a moderate oven for Approximately 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle top with spring onion, and serve immediately
Recipe The Best Macaroni & Cheese
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.