- Makes 1
- 80 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
Ingredients (makes 1 20cm ckae)
- 4 size 2 eggs, separated
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 350 g plain cake crumbs
- 40 ml rum
- 50 g bar of Cadbury chocolate
- 75 g blanched almonds
- 6 Cadbury
- 175 g caster sugar
- 426 ml double cream
- 80 ml icing sugar, sieved
- 4 Cadbury Flakes
- Work the cake crumbs in a food processor or blender so that they are quite fine.
- Whisk the egg yolks, essence and rum together well until pale in colour.
- Fold in the cake crumbs, grated chocolate, chopped nuts and crumbled Flake.
- Whisk the egg whites stiffly, add the sugar and continue whisking until as stiff again.
- Fold both mixtures together then turn into the tin and level the top.
- Bake at 180ºC for about 1 hour 10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Leave briefly before turning out to cool.
- Slice the cake evenly into three. .
- Whip the cream, sieved icing sugar and rum together until stiff enough to spread.
- Put some into the piping bag, and sandwich the cake back together with the remaining cream, also covering the top.
- Pipe 8 whirls of cream, stick half a Flake into each and lift the cake on to a plate