- Serves 4
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This is a versatile dish, easy to make and you can alter quantities to suit you. I often mix up the veggies I use, depending on who I am feeding. You can leave out the chicken, chorizo or bacon to suit you, have fun and play with this dish, I love it!
I have just made this in the Phillips All-In-One Cooker, it was made in under 30 minutes!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 shortcut bacon pieces, diced
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 2 chorizo sausages, diced
- 3 Cups frozen peas, corn and capsicum mix
- 2 1/2 Cups white rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cajun spice
- 1 1/2 litres chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan and brown chicken, chorizo and bacon together, approx. 10 mins, until all juice has gone and chicken has started to brown
- Add rice to pan, remaining oil, and cajun spice. Stir to coat. Add frozen vegetables and stock, stirring to combine.
- Cover tightly and bake for 35-40 mins 180 (fan forced), or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stand for 10 minutes and fluff with a fork.