- Serves 12
- 12 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Beatiful mango and lime flavour creamy and light cheesecake
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 2x250g Cream cheese (I used homebrand, leave out for an hr or more so it goes soft)
- 300ml Thickened cream (whipped to soft peaks)
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1tbsp Gelatine
- 1/4 cup Hot water
- 80g Butter(melted)
- 150g Sweet biscuits(blend in food processor or as i did a blender)
- 2 Mangoes
- 2tbsp Lime juice( i used a fresh lime)
- 1 Pkt Mango jelly
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter and pulse to combine. Spray the tin with oil and press the mixture over the base of a 20cm springform pan ( i used a 24cm). Chill for 15 mins or until firm.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Fold in the cream. Whisk the gelatine and hot water in a small bowl until the gelatine dissolves. Stir 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture into the gelatine mixture, then add to the remaining mixture and mix well. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base refrigerate for 1 hr to firm up place mango slices on top and put back into the fridge.
- Follow jelly instructions and add the lime juice place in the fridge for an hour to cool, pour jelly over cheesecake and then leave over night or 12hrs to set fully . Run knife around collar and release the cake.