This is such a perfect flavour combination. We love the texture of this cake and the taste is just amazing!
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 10 )
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/14 cups of caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 pistachios, roughly chopped to garnish
- 1 mango, extra thinly sliced to garnish
- Greek yogurt to serve
- Lemon syrup
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease a 25cm fluted ring tin.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with electric beaters until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs one at a time and vanilla and beat well.
- Sift the flour over the butter mixture and fold through, alternating with the combined milk and buttermilk. Mash the mango then fold into the cake mixture.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the tin, smoothing the surface with a palate knife. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through then invert onto a cooling rack.
- While the cake is cooking make the lemon syrup. Place the lemon juice, sugar and ¾ cup water in a small pan. Stir until sugar has dissolved then bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened and reduced.
- Transfer the warm cake to a serving platter and garnish with pistachio and extra sliced mango. Pour over the warm lemon syrup and serve with greek yoghurt.