- Serves 10
- Makes 10
- 75 minutes
- Difficulty Hard
- 14 Ingredients
This is such a perfect flavour combination. We love the texture of this cake and the taste is just amazing!
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 10 )
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/14 cups of caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 pistachios, roughly chopped to garnish
- 1 mango, extra thinly sliced to garnish
- Greek yogurt to serve
- Lemon syrup
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease a 25cm fluted ring tin.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with electric beaters until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs one at a time and vanilla and beat well.
- Sift the flour over the butter mixture and fold through, alternating with the combined milk and buttermilk. Mash the mango then fold into the cake mixture.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the tin, smoothing the surface with a palate knife. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through then invert onto a cooling rack.
- While the cake is cooking make the lemon syrup. Place the lemon juice, sugar and ¾ cup water in a small pan. Stir until sugar has dissolved then bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened and reduced.
- Transfer the warm cake to a serving platter and garnish with pistachio and extra sliced mango. Pour over the warm lemon syrup and serve with greek yoghurt.
Recipe Mango And Pistachio Cake With Lemon Syrup
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.