- Makes 6
- 80 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Such a refreshing marinade, great for BBQ’s or as a main for dinner with vegetables or salad for a side.
Ingredients (makes 6 Skewers)
- 1/2 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 60mls Olive oil
- 400 grams Chicken Breast, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 Large capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 180 grams Haloumi cheese, cut into 3cm pieces.
- Take 6 bamboo skewers and soak in water for 30 minutes to prevent them burning. In a flat dish put the zest and lemon juice, garlic, bay leaves, and olive oil. Whisk with a fork until combined. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat with the marinade. Chill for 1 hour.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto the skewers, alternating two pieces of chicken then a piece of capsicum and a piece of haloumi.
- Heat a large non stick frypan over a medium-high heat and fry the skewers until golden.