- Makes 16
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
Spoil mum this Mother’s Day with these delicious little Almond and Raspberry Hearts. Best of all, they are so easy to make the kids can help. Just place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix – simple!
Ingredients (makes 16 large hearts)
- 1/4 cup (30g) almond meal
- 3/4 cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 tspn baking powder
- 5 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (90g) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tbspn flaked almonds
- Extra icing sugar, to dust
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C fan forced.
- Combine almond meal, coconut, icing sugar, flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg whites and mix to combine.
- Add butter and mix until well incorporated.
- Spoon mixture into the Mastrad Heart Shaped Muffin Pan until each mould is only half full. Top with half the raspberries and half the flaked almonds. Press almonds down lightly and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before tipping out hearts and transferring to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, raspberries and flaked almonds.
- When all hearts are completely cool, dust with icing sugar.
- Once you have made the Almond and Raspberry Hearts recipe - enjoy with a nice cup of tea!!
It's best to use a silicone heart-shaped muffin pan for this recipe.