- Makes 36
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
this is from the women's weekly beautiful biscuits and slices cookbook that we have had in our family for years and years, and it is always a winner!
Ingredients (makes 36 slices)
- 250 grams butter
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups plain flour
- Melt butter, allow to cool slightly
- Sift icing sugar and cornflour into bowl, add sugar
- Add butter and vanilla, beat mixture until thick and creamy.Add sifted flour, mix well
- Press mixture into 18 cm x 28 cm (7in x 11in) baking pan (lamington tin in AUS), smooth over with a spatula; mark into fingers with sharp knife.
- Prick each finger decoratively with a fork. I also sprinkle extra sugar over the top
- Bake in moderate oven for 30 minutes or until light golden. Cut whilst still warm!