- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Menemen is a traditional Turkish breakfast recipe, best enjoyed with Turkish pide or a crusty bread for dipping into the meal. Traditionally it would be served with tea, cheese and olives.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Large Ripe Tomatoes, peeled and diced finely
- 1/2 Cup Turkish Mild sucuk, sliced thinly
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Notes... An easier alternative is to use canned tomatoes. You can also omit the sucuk when making this recipe.
- Heat the oil in saucepan and add onions, cook until soft. Add the Sucuk and heat through.
- Add the tomatoes and sugar and cook until the liquid has reduced.
- Crack the eggs into the mixture and stir. Once the eggs have cooked season with salt and cracked pepper.
Recipe Menemen (traditional Turkish tomato and egg recipe)
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.