Who doesn’t love a good home-made dip recipe! This mexican inspired one is sure to be a real hit at your next party.
Makes 12 servings as an appetizer
- 1 x 435g can refried beans (Old El Paso®)
- 1 x 300ml jar hot salsa (Masterfoods®)
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced taco seasoning (Old El Paso®)
- ½ cup (125g) avocado mashed
- 1 x 200g tub low-fat natural yoghurt
- ¼ cup 25% reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- ½ cup tomato diced
- 2 shallots sliced
- ¼ cup capsicum diced
In a medium size mixing bowl combine refried beans and jar of salsa together. Spread over the base of a pie dish. Mix the taco seasoning with avocado and gently spread over top of bean mix. Spread yoghurt over avocado then sprinkle cheese, tomato, shallots and capsicum over top of yoghurt. Refrigerate until required. Serve with rice crackers or my corn chips (from book 1 on page 15).
Variation: Replace yoghurt with half serve of ‘Symply Sour Cream’ Book 3 page 18. Add 0.5 grams of fat per serve.
*RECIPE FROM SYMPLY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE BOOK 3
Dietitian’s Tip: Kidney beans are low in fat, high in fibre and have a low GI.