- Serves 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 18 Ingredients
A taste sensation the family will love.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 1/2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 Tsp Ground cumin
- 3 Tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli flakes
- 250g Lean beef mince
- 410g Tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 Capsicum, chopped
- 250g Microwave Doongara rice
- 125g Blackbeard, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup Chopped coriander leaves, plus sprigs to serve
- 200g Haloumi, sliced
- 1 cup Shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 Long red chilli, sliced
- 1 Lime, cut to serve
- 1 Small avocado, sliced (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, cumin, paprika, oregano and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add mince. Cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned all over.
- Add crushed tomatoes and capsicum. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add rice and beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until rice is heated through. Stir in chopped coriander.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook haloumi, in 2 batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Arrange haloumi, lettuce, chilli, avocado (optional), and lime on mince mixture. Serve sprinkled with extra coriander sprigs